The purpose of this blog is to share with you my knowledge about the world of software. More specifically, my knowledge about test suite automation. However, that does not mean that this blog is only going to talk about testing. Software world is far too broad to just focus on testing so, I will also write about subjects like NodeJS, Docker, AWS and much more.
What should I expect from Tech Everwanderer?
The idea is to create a number of guided tutorials that will help us develop robust test suites from scratch and with no previous knowledge. It is about gaining confidence handling different tools and frameworks that will help us to test sofware from different angles.
- End-to-end testing to automate tests on website performing actions as a human would do.
- Layout testing to test that the disposition of the elements on the a website matches the design.
- API testing to exercise the endpoints that may be exposed by different services to be consumed.
- Visual testing to quickly identify potential regression errors that may have been introduced by software changes.
As I mention in the introduction, along the road while we talk about testing, there will be posts about:
- Best practices to code in NodeJS using ES6 syntax.
- Use of Docker containers to isolate test environments.
- Even the how this very blog was created and deployed on AWS using Docker and Traefik.
All that and much more is waiting.
With nothing more to say for now…